Friday, January 13, 2012

Honolulu: Ukelele Love

For the past few years, my mom has been keeping ukeleles on my mind. She shows me articles about the growing beach scene for young musicians who like to tote a less precious instrument with them to the beach to play. She's the one that got me to look up Jake Shimabukuro's ukelele version of "My Guitar Gently Weeps" (you can find it by searching on YouTube) - it's lovely. So...you can imagine that when I was invited to visit my friends in Hawaii, her eyes lit up. I am on a quest to bring her a ukulele from the source: Hawaii.

The ones you see here are gorgeous! I was perusing the wall, settling on my favorites, when I realized that most of these were $500-$1,000. Whoops! A little too much to spend on whimsy.

So the hunt continues. Wish me luck!

No comments: