Friday, April 6, 2012

Cherry Blossom Centennial Stamps

I had to have them! I stopped by the post office to mail a package and swooned over these beautiful "forever stamps" commemorating the 100th anniversary of our national's capital receiving a gift of 3,000 cherry trees from the city of Tokyo.

The design features a beautiful wide scene (set across 2 stamps) of cherry trees in full bloom along the Tidal Basin, featuring the Washington Monument and the Jefferson Memorial.

When I saw the promotional poster (and made a little commotion about how pretty they were) I said to the clerk, "Tell me you still have these!"

She smiled and said that she only had two sheets left. A man's voice said behind me, "Not anymore...she's buying one and so am I."

The gentleman behind me in line said that my comments had "sold him" on a sheet. How cute.

Have you seen the Cherry Blossom Centennial Stamps? (http://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2012/pr12_037.htm)

No comments: