Monday, April 16, 2012

Feeling Welcome

A piece of cake (coffee cake!) and cute dishes were all it took to make me feel special as I stayed with my Aunt and Uncle last week.  You see my parents' place in Florida was full of relatives over Easter vacation and my aunt offered to have us stay with her. 
Each night we tip-toed away from the family after watching Dancing With The Stars or American Idol (so much fun to watch with a big group!) and went up to her condo to sleep.  And each morning we were greeted with the smell of coffee brewing and an arrangement of pretty mugs and dishes for our breakfast.

She'd plate some scones or a coffee cake ring and the 3 of us (my husband, aunt and I) would have breakfast together out on her balcony overlooking the ocean.  It was a relaxing way to start each day and it became an unexpected bonus to a week already full of activities.
A cute mug and ocean air - that is hospitality.

No comments: