Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shell Frame with Vintage Photograph

So sweet!  I couldn't be happier with how my shell-covered frame turned out.  I had seen some "diamond" encrusted frames with real shell accents once when I was in Florida and I wanted to try my hand at this kind of embellishing.

I bought a simple antiqued frame at Homegoods and used a strong clear-drying glue (that works with metal) to glue an edge of clear round plastic rhinestone trim (available by the yard at Joann Fabric). 

Then I arranged different shells and pearls (you can buy a bag of small shells at Michaels craft store, as well as Joann Fabric) along the bottom of the glass on the frame, overlapping them until I liked the effect.  Then I glued them in place.  A puffy sand dollar, a pink gem and a pearl finished the look in the upper right corner. 

Doesn't this make the perfect frame for a vintage wedding photo?  I think that this would make a great anniversary present.  A few simple steps adds a touch of delight.

No comments: