Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Seattle: Madison Park: A Spring Day on Lake Washington

After quick and delicious lunch at Madison Kitchen, I walked down to Madison Park and found a spot to relax on the shores of Lake Washington.  Whenever I travel to a new city, I make myself a map bag of the area.  

It is fun, good-looking and useful! I can't tell you how many times people have pointed me in the right direction by referring to my "map."  No, I don't make and sell them in my Etsy store, but I might someday. I am working on loading new and exciting pieces to my store this week.
I heightened the blue in these pictures so that the mountains would show up a bit more - Mount Rainier is just to the left of the hotel in the photo above. 
Madison Park is a great spot to dip your toes in the water and soak up the vacation-like setting.  This day was one of the first 75 degree days of Spring and the grassy area was full of twenty-somethings catching some sun and eating impromptu picnics on their lunch breaks.  It is a view like this, so close to the bustling downtown, that make people fall in love with Seattle. 

No comments: