Monday, May 5, 2014

Seattle: Kinokuniya Bookstore: Japanese Magazines, Paper, Pens

When paper is displayed like fabric, I feel right at home.  This beautiful selection of Washi Paper is at Kinokuniya Bookstore in Seattle.  The entrance to the bookstore is within Umajimaya, an Asian marketplace that you will also have fun exploring.  I spent a lot of time in the paper craft area (remember when I made paper pastries from a Japanese kit?) and I marveled at the selection of colored ink pens.  I bought myself a periwinkle mini notebook and matching ink pen.  
I poured over the selection of Japanese magazines and found a really neat craft magazine. Naturally I can't read it (or the title) but it says "Chic Chic" in English on the front and is loaded with ideas to design with yarn, paper, frosting.  I can't wait to sit down and "read" it. I know that I will be inspired by the photographs.  The magazine itself also looks good displayed on my ottoman next to a Japanese tea service.  Win-win.

No comments: