Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Visiting England: Columbia Road Flower Market

I was in heaven. I arrived at the Columbia Road Flower Market around eleven o'clock on Sunday morning. Though hardly an early bird, I was certainly in good company. The place was packed!


Vendors were shouting seductions into the crowd like, "Here you are, Love, something for the front room."


Although it was dim in this photo, the sun eventually broke through clouds and it was like wandering through an Impressionist painting. I loved every second of walking this stretch of historic road. I may have been a million miles away from my garden, but I was right at home.


When you are in London, be sure to come to the Columbia Road Flower Market on Sunday morning and buy a bouquet of flowers for your hotel room. What a delight!

2 comments:

LillyB said...

I have only seen this in the movies! How grand!!

Anne Reeves said...

Yes, it was very picturesque. And when the sun came out the flowers were lit up like they were on stage!