Monday, July 12, 2010

Visiting England

Won't you walk with me through the gate and into the beautiful world of England? I have an incredible number of photos and stories to share from my private tour of England and I am starting the blog series today. While I am still working on my book dedicated to Paris, I have no doubt that I will write another on the delights of England.

On my flight home, I found myself thinking about what my friends had asked me so often before I left on my first trip to England, "Which do you think you will like better - England or France?

As I sat in my seat thinking about my experiences and all of the people that I met on my trip, I realized that I get two completely different (but wonderful) reactions from people in each country. While the French seem genuinely happy that I am visiting, the English didn't want me to leave.

Time after time, I was greeted with warmth, interest and a gentle chiding that if I wasn't moving on to the next region so quickly, they could have sent me to so many places that I would love. Most concluded that, "Well, you'll just have to come back and spent some more time with us." How nice is that?

And there is no doubt that I will.

5 comments:

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

How lovely! I am so glad people were welcoming to you here, Anne.

Believe it or not, this gate looks like one I know well. Was it taken at Temple Guiting? Close to Stow?

Anne Reeves said...

Hi Lynn! I have been sleuthing through the photos and maps. All I can say for sure is that it was on a tiny dirt road (thanks to my GPS Garmin!) coming from Wolverhampton on the way into Chipping Campden. Is that close to where you think?

Elaine said...

That's a great photo! I'm looking forward to reading all your England posts.

LillyB said...

Great picture! There are still nice people all over the world!

MmeBenaut said...

How could anyone not greet you warmly and want you to stay? It is a tad easier speaking in your mother tongue now isn't it?