Thursday, July 1, 2010

Local Flower Market

And I mean LOCAL, these are all from my yard! Just before I left for England, I told my Mom to come over because I was going to cut ALL the flowers in the garden and we were going to make arrangements.

"No," she said in disbelief..

"Now is the hour!," I explained. I was leaving town and no one would see the garden for 2 weeks, so I could cut everything and make bouquets!

It was really fun. We got out a variety of vases, containers and bottles (including jam jars and French lemonade bottles) and some floral food (to prolong our creations) and got to work.

What you see is only a fraction of our "inventory" - it was glorious!


2 comments:

LillyB said...

This picture is beautiful as I am sure all the flowers were!! Have fun on your trip!

Anne Reeves said...

Thanks, Lilly! I will be doing an entire series (book?) on England starting July 12th!!! I know you will love it...