Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Visiting England: Fortnum & Mason

One of my first experiences in London was shopping at Fortnum & Mason.

I was bleary from travel, but the moment I saw these window displays I was snapped back to reality! The entire ground floor is dedicated to tea, jams, honey and sweets. Somebody pinch me!

I wandered the entire store (established in 1707) nibbling a homemade raspberry marshmallow and making mental notes of all the things I wanted to buy.


If I had it to do again, I would scrap the "mental notes" part and head directly to the checkout counter. I thought that I was being smart and considering my choices, but I couldn't decide and missed out on some beautiful souvenirs.

The good news is that the Fortnum & Mason website does ship internationally if I decide that I just have to have the tin biscuit box that plays "Happy Birthday" when you crank it. Seriously! It was so cute.

What I did end up with is this darling tote and lots of motivation to return to London!

3 comments:

LillyB said...

I love the tote! The video was so good and I can see where it might be overwhelming...there is so much to chose from!! Awesome store!!

Anne Reeves said...

I was so glad to see that the store had a video tour - I wanted everyone to see how many choices there were! I wanted one of each.

hampers said...

F&M is a store like no other. Well known for its window displays, especially at Xmas. They started out as a food hamper company. Times sure have changed since back then.