Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Life is Art

Would you believe me if I told you I took this photo?  Can you imagine what it was like to see these roses exactly as you see them - crowded and blooming like a painting?  Real life was exceeding art at David Austin's rose garden last Summer. 

My visit to David Austin's Shropshire garden in England has been one of the highlights of my life.  As my own rose bushes are leafing out (I saw the beginnings of a bud yesterday!), I can't help but remember the thrill of standing here

Roses take time and tending to get results like this, but there is no doubt in my mind that they are worth it.  Buy yourself a David Austin English Rose (I have Heritage, Abraham Darby, Lillian Austin and Graham Thomas) and plant it in your garden.  It will bring art into your life in an entirely new way.

No comments: