Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Good Egg

This silly, but useful, breakfast tool made my morning.  I bought this toast-shaped egg shaper as a stocking stuffer for my husband last Christmas.  He loves putting salsa and cheese on a piece of toast and topping it with a fried egg.  If that's how you like your eggs, what could be better?

I pulled it out of the utensil drawer the other morning and gave it a try.  I think it was designed for one egg (be sure to spray the form with non-stick cooking spray), because some of the uncooked egg spread beyond the toast-shape when I flipped it.  I like my eggs cooked really well, so I gave it more heat and time than the average girl.  I'm sure that with one egg it would cook perfectly.
The unexpected benefit was that the cartoon egg character peering over the edge of the eggs cooking made me smile.  Dumb? Yes.  Made my morning? Kinda.  If you have an egg-lover in your family, you might just want to treat them to one of the silly egg cooking products by Joie de Vivre's Eggy.  

No comments: