Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Restoration Hardware: Decorating Outdoors

I was so impressed with the outdoor furniture at the Restoration Hardware Gallery Store in Houston, that when I started thinking about ways to make our outdoor space more livable, I found myself pouring over the photographs I had taken there last year.  The photo above is one of my favorites.

I love how Restoration Hardware layer neutrals; their sophisticated use of cement; how they showcase the appeal of mirrors in an outdoor setting.  

My patio set is a light khaki Tropitone and I'm trying to think of cushions, planters and elements that I can use to make the area more comfortable and lounge-worthy.  The photo below is my starting point, though it was taken on a beautiful day in June in another year. Today's high was 47. Brrrrr.... 

No comments: