Thursday, May 2, 2013

Beautiful Tea Leaves

It is just as beautiful as I imagined.  When you sprinkle a few edible gold hearts into loose tea, it can makes your tea service extra special.
Somewhere in my life, I admired a photo of loose tea that was enhanced with edible silver dragees.  The shiny edible decorations added just a touch of formality to dry tea leaves.  I loved it, but I knew that I would like these paper thin gold hearts (or stars) even more.  I have been waiting for the right day to try it and today's the day! 

The edible gold hearts are sold in the candy decorating section of the craft store (or online above) and are traditionally used to decorate cakes.  I love them mixed into the tea (there is no taste or effect) and since one container holds hundreds of hearts, I'll be enhancing my tea for a long time to come.

This is delight!

No comments: