Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bellocq Tea Atelier

I knew you'd want to see this.  A tea store within a design store.  It makes perfect sense, doesn't it?  If you are pulling together furniture, fabrics and art to create the perfect space to entertain in, you'll want something lovely to serve, right?

This is the Bellocq Tea Atelier within the Restoration Hardware Gallery at Highland Village in Houston.  I love how the dramatic display on the landing of the main staircase and I think that the distinctive yellow tins would look beautiful on a tea tray when entertaining.

A sample of each tea is displayed near it's container, a bit like a tasting table.  Though theses samples are there to showcase the quality of the loose tea and encourage to customers to experience the scent of the many complex combinations.  I loved the display as well as the experience of exploring the many combinations through scent.  I can attest that the tea leaves and floral/citrus additions are of the highest quality.  Can tea be gorgeous? Yes.   

I was in a rush, but I do remember liking No. 1 Bellocq Breakfast the best.  The next time I am in town, that tin is mine!

No comments: