Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fairy Doors

Lately I've noticed a growing fascination with fairies, as well as the teeny tiny items you can buy to make them feel welcome.  The city of Ann Arbor, Michigan has 7 fairy doors (small almost dollhouse-size doors that replicate the building's architecture) that are on the outside of houses and storefronts and can be easily admired by citizens and shoppers.  Upon researching this post, I realized that there is a fairy door at Sweetwaters Cafe, my favorite spot for hot ginger tea!  I am going to Ann Arbor next Tuesday and I will be on the lookout for their fairy door.  I have to admit, it's kind of fun.

I wouldn't go so far as to have a fairy door on my house, but I can easily see myself being bewitched by a tiny bench or table and chairs for my garden.  A little something whimsical tucked between the herbs.  Do you think anyone would notice?

The photo above, taken last year at Wiegand's Nursery, shows an open door leading the way into the world of garden fairies.  I thought the presentation was charming and that you would love to see this vignette.

No comments: