Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fairy Godsister

Imagine my surprise (and delight!) when I opened a box that came in the mail and found all of these goodies from Paris, each chosen just for me.  

I am being spoiled by my customer-turned-friend, Sue.  She bought my book, "Paris: Delight in the City of Light" and as we emailed back and forth, we realized that we had more and more in common.  We both went to Michigan State University.  We both spend a lot of time in the small town resort areas of  Michigan.  We both love a lot of the same things (Paris, Caspari papers, travel).  She "got to know" me by reading my book, which is a very personal account of what and how I make the most of my trips to Paris.  

In one of our emails, she posed the question, "Were you in a sorority?"  When I responded, that I was a Theta, she responded triumphantly, "I knew it!"  We found that we were sorority sisters too.  What a small world.  We are kindred spirits, for sure, and have a "Theta is for a lifetime" connection as well. 

Sue has since been to Paris twice and brought back little goodies that she know I would like.  She knows because I wrote about so much of it!  Above you can see packets of vanilla sugar, buttons and cord to make a necklace, artistic postcards to frame, a pop-up card with a scene from Paris and a package of pastry post its from my beloved Laduree.  How can I be so lucky?   

I decided that Sue is my Fairy Godsister.  Isn't that a wonderful way to describe her?  We have yet to meet, but are sure that our paths will cross some day...perhaps in Paris?  Friendship is a delight. 

No comments: