Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Plan to visit a Lavender Festival

It is almost Lavender Festival time!  Although this year's weather may have the lavender blooming a week later (just a guess), mid-July is when many lavender festivals or harvesting is scheduled.  

I really enjoyed my time at the Lavender Festival in Romeo, Michigan (shown above) and I've been to 2 different Lavender Farms in northern Michigan to paint in and photograph before the harvest (click this link to see my post on Michigan Lavender in Northport Michigan).

I took the photo below at Lavender Hill Farms near Boyne City, Michigan.
  

I found a terrific resource in a website that I wanted to share with you.  The website has all of the major Lavender farms and events by state.  Isn't that wonderful?  I hope you find an event near you and go with a friend!

I really have great affection for the scent and look of lavender.  I've proven it by drinking lavender lemonade (although it's a bit too strong for me).  I've also enjoyed lavender ice cream and enhanced shortbread with a bit of edible lavender. 

In terms of scent and suds, I also love a bit of lavender in the kitchen: Farmhouse Lavender is my favorite dish soap.  

So naturally you ask, Anne, have you been to Provence?  *sigh* No.  Not yet. But I'm working on it.   

No comments: