Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Love of Cuisine: Northwest Flower and Garden Show 2016

I am covering the 2016 Northwest Flower and Garden Show to provide insight and increase enjoyment. My blog posts will spotlight specific categories and will leave a trail a breadcrumbs to help my readers find the items or features that will interest them the most. The categories are: Apartment Living, Farm Chic, French Flair, Romantic Touch, Love of Cuisine and Bee Specific.
Have you ever read Edible Seattle magazine? (booth 2151, blue, Marketplace) This magazine is replicated in major cities around the country and celebrates local and seasonal cooking. The magazine is handing out free copies in their booth and encouraging attendees to subscribe. Check it out.
Salt Spring Island Cheese. (booth 2117, blue, Marketplace) They had me the moment I saw their packaging. They make soft goat cheese spreads with artistic and flavorful toppings (pink peppercorn, garlic, lemon). These are the cheeses I would bring to a party. Today I sampled their lemon topped goat cheese and it was as lovely as I had remembered. Then my mom tried it and bought a tub for us to share. A tasting party before Downton Abbey, perhaps?
Doesn't this display of ironstone and such get you in the mood for entertaining? Mismatched treasures abound in the Vintage Garden Market, from hotel silver to saucer champagnes. This white on white display is at Oscar & Co (booth VGM 57, orange, Vintage Garden Market). I call dibs on the lidded soup tureen.
If you like to cook and entertain, then I assume you have an herb garden, yes? I was impressed with the selection at N&M Herb Nursery (booth 2218, green, Plant Market). I heard a fellow shopper ask her companion, "Don't you think we should get Chocolate Mint?" If they stock chocolate mint, then I bet they have loads of the unusual mints I am always hunting for. I can't wait until I can plant a Strawberry Pot full of herbs again.

Like to end your evening with a nightcap? Why not check out the free seminar:
"Good Libations: Concocting Cocktails from the Home Garden" on Saturday, Feb 20 at 11:45 am on the DIY Stage.

Northwest Flower and Garden Show at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle. Show is open Wednesday, Feb 16 - Saturday, Feb 20 from 9am- 8pm, and Sunday, Feb 21 from 9am - 6pm.

#NWFGS #springinfeb #seattle

No comments: