Monday, January 26, 2009

Paint Your Own Pottery

Recently, I had the chance to spend a Saturday morning at a "paint-your-own-pottery" shop. It was a social event hosted by the Junior League of Birmingham to build bonds between the membership and I had so much fun! Inspired by some paper butterflies I brought from home, I thought I would try my hand at making a "pretty little dish." After finishing the butterfly, I painted thin blue stripes up the outside of the bowl and covered the pedestal with polka dots. It is clean and simple and I really like it. I figure I can float a hydrangea in it, fill it with pastel M&Ms or even leave it empty to show off the inside - look for it on display here in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

LillyB said...

Great job Anne! I never could color inside the lines so I didn't try painting! It is fun to try new things especially if it turns out as pretty as your butterfly bowl!!

Anne Reeves said...

Thanks! Yes, it was very relaxing and I didn't want to leave. I kept eyeing other potential pieces on the display wall.