Friday, January 30, 2009

Girl Heaven

If I could imagine the perfect girl lunch, this would be it. After touring Swan House, I drove through the grounds of the Atlanta History Center and stumbled upon a tearoom, gift shop and art gallery called Swan Coach House (the building itself was the estate's former garage and coach house).

Heart-shaped timbales filled with chicken salad, frozen fruit salad and a basket of mini-muffins all served on Swan House formal china (see the silver swan on the aqua band of my bread plate - love it)

And to drink? Punch! Seriously, when do you ever see punch on the menu these days?

There were fresh roses on every table, fabric-upholstered walls, and the place was packed. I was lucky to find a spot among the grandmothers, bridal shower bunch and friends meeting for lunch.

As I sat at my little table soaking it all in (and inspiring the next table to also photograph their lunch), I reminded myself that this is delight.

4 comments:

LillyB said...

I know how you feel...some tea rooms give me that feeling of just being in awe of my surroundings! I try to absorb the atmosphere. The Rose Cottage Tearoom in Pine Mountain Georgia was the one I could take my notebook to and sit and drink my pot of African Autumn tea and make notes of everything around me. Then suddenly ideas would pop into my head, dreams, goals, fantasy... It was so inspirational! I'm so happy you went to Girl Heaven!! I love it there!!

Bettina said...

This sure was a lovely lunch (my mouth is watering)and it sounds as if you had a delightful day at Swan House.

MmeBenaut said...

Now this is precisely the kind of lunch that we should have together one day. I adore punch! In the heat of our summer I've been drinking Ginger Beer cordial (made by Buderim Ginger - a company in one of our northern states) with soda water and a few sprigs of mint. Delicious!

Anne Reeves said...

Absolutely - this lunch is for us! And I love ginger - I drink a hot ginger lemon drink almost every day.