Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sunlight & Fertilizer

The other day I asked my friend about her community's Garden Club. She talked of casual meetings held monthly in member's backyards. Glasses of iced tea and conversation surrounding sunlight and fertilizer.

She went on to say that they still meet in the Winter - mostly to look at pictures in garden catalogs. "It helps," she said simply. And I was reminded of the kinship between all gardeners off season.

So today I am featuring a photo of my David Austin English rose, Abraham Darby. I have loved this variety for years and can't wait to see it "in person" again.

I hope it helps.

3 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

She's a beauty. I wish I knew the names of some of my roses. So difficult when they are already installed at your house!
I posted some photos of the Pierre de Ronsard roses though. They are my favourites.

Nancy Carabio Belanger said...

Ohhh...I'm in the winter doldrums right now, and looking at that perfect rose lifts my spirits!

Anne Reeves said...

Thanks for letting me know, Nancy. So glad "it helps" - just like my friend said.