Saturday, January 3, 2009

Monogrammed Scarf

What do I do on a snowy Saturday morning? Embellish!

Last October, I walked into a discount clothing store (TJ Maxx) and was handed a small gift bag with this amethyst scarf inside. As a promotion to highlight their new "high-end" fashion section, every customer that afternoon was given a scarf. I've been considering how to make it my own for months. Then last night it struck me - a beaded monogram would be subtle, but beautiful. I printed off a giant "R" on my computer, drew it free-hand in ink and started sewing on beads. The trick is attaching about 20 beads, then tying off. It makes me feel better knowing that if one thread breaks later, the entire letter won't fall off and I'll be able to repair it. I may use something on the back to secure the stitches...Fray Check?

I love how this looks!

3 comments:

LillyB said...

It's very elegant!! Great job!

Anne Reeves said...

Thanks! I am so happy with how it turned out.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. You should sell them! If you do, I want to place an order. I love scarves. They malke me feel so elegant (even if I am not!)