Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ballard Designs

I have been ordering from the Ballard Designs' catalog for years. It's loaded with fresh beautiful items for the home, plus it's a great source for 90 inch rounds. But, like most of the world, I had never seen their wares in person. So I was thrilled when I got the chance to visit their outlet in Atlanta, Georgia last week. (My Mom has been to their retail store in Tampa - jealous!)

Of course I wanted everything, but as my suitcase was dictating my purchases, I settled on one fabulous item (which didn't end up fitting in the suitcase, after all).

I bought a wire manor house. That's right. The structure of an Italian manor house (walls, windows roof) made out of dark bent wire. I am going to set a few wispy green plants inside as "furniture" and use it as a tabletop display. I actually hope to find a small indoor vine that could cling to the wire walls as it grows. I promise to show you once I make it to the garden store. It is going to be so cute.

3 comments:

LillyB said...

Oh I am so happy you found "something" you loved! I am being smarty pants here! I know you would have loved to take most of it home with you!!! But we always seem to know the one piece that has to go home with us.
Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the pictures of the Manor House!

MmeBenaut said...

Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing it too. I love that sort of thing and admire the craftspeople who can make them.