Saturday, January 10, 2009

Window Shopping

A friend had told me that the next time I was in Charleston, South Carolina, I had to make time for breakfast at Poogan's Porch. She told me that the restaurant was in an old house with a big porch and was a favorite spot of celebrities (Paul Newman, Barbara Streisand and Lauren Hutton all dine there).

So the next time I was in Charleston, I made it a point to go and believe me, the french toast is worth it! On my way to the restaurant, I passed by this darling house and had to take a photograph. It was all so well done. The shade of the house paint, the texture of plants in the window box, the fact that the tiny coral blooms reinforced the paint color, all set off by crisp black shutters. It was a little work of art and it made my day.

There is nothing like a little window shopping.

3 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

Yes, lovely.

Ruth Ann said...

We dine at Poogan's every time we visit Charleston. Their Sunday brunch is very special. We also love the She Crab Soup, the Fried Alliogator Tail, and the Cajun Bloody Marys.

It is an experience not to be missed!

Anne Reeves said...

Welcome, Ruth Ann. Thanks for chiming in!