Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bee Hive Cake

I will never regret the money spent on a beautiful cake pan. Imagine arriving at my house and seeing this on the table!

You be happy, right? You'd feel special (and maybe even a little lucky) that you'd get to eat a cake that was this pretty. Never underestimate the power of cute.

My bee hive cake pan came from the Martha Stewart Living catalog years ago, but you can get a similar pan here. The sugar bumble bees can be ordered online or found at a cake supply store.

This time my beehive is a lemon pound cake. I drizzled it with a lemon glaze after serving - yum!

Now how about a slice?

2 comments:

LillyB said...

It looks so fun and sounds delicious!!

Anne Reeves said...

Thanks! By ending with this cake, it really made a casual dinner of grilled chicken special.