Friday, September 3, 2010

Peanut Butter Mousse Torte

I love sweets, but my go-to treat is usually something that I've baked myself. I rarely order desserts at a restaurant, but when I was out for a dual-birthday celebration with my friend, Alice, she suggested that we should each choose a dessert and share.

Before ordering, Alice asked if I liked Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. When I said that it was my first choice on Halloween (narrowly beating Mounds), she ordered the Peanut Butter Mousse Torte shown above. All I can say is thank heaven she did! What a delicious dessert!

It was about 87 degrees outside and we were dining out on the patio of Ocean Prime. It was a gorgeous afternoon, but it was hot, so I chose the Lemon Sorbet. Well needless to say, I dropped it in a hurry and came back to it only after I had devoured my portion of this!

It was cold and creamy, sweet and delicious. It is absolutely what you should order if you ever find yourself "celebrating" at Ocean Prime.

I've found a recipe that mimics this gorgeous pie - you can try it here.

No comments: