Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Homemade Marshmallows

Did these homemade marshmallows need to become S'more Bites? Of course not, they are absolutely delicious on their own. But I couldn't resist.

Homemade marshmallows have been on my radar for a while now. I ate some delicious raspberry marshmallows at Fortnum & Mason in London. Then I started noticing the Barefoot Contessa make-your-own marshmallow box mix (in specialty grocery stores) and it peaked my interest.

Then, gloriously, my sister-in-law sent me Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa Family Style: Easy Ideas and Recipes That Make Everyone Feel Like Family. What recipe jumped out at me? Homemade Marshmallows!

I followed Ina Garten's recipe exactly and they came out like a dream. Then, to make a good thing better, I toasted my little marshmallow squares with a Culinary Torch (8.8 ounce), dipped them in melted Hershey chocolate and then coated them in graham cracker crumbs to make S'more Bites.

Yum. Yum. Yum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I went on a visit to London I found in the food court at Harrods little mashmellow treats that looked like little cakes. They were individually wrapped and they looked to pretty to eat. Then I couldn't resist and had to eat it and it was so yummy. Maybe London should be known for their mashmellow treats!
darcell

Anne Reeves said...

Absolutely, Darcell! I might try making some pale pink ones for Valentine's Day too!