Monday, October 29, 2012

Darling Diorama

I never get tired of looking at miniatures and I thought it would be fun to show you a photo of one of the many diorama scenes that were once on display in the (now closed) La Samaritaine Department store in Paris.  I certainly hope someone saved the diorama series for a museum when the store closed - it is a handcrafted treasure.   

In this scene, a middle aged couple seems perfectly happy to read the morning paper in silence.  I can almost hear the rustle of the newspaper as Papa turns the page.  I love the heavy green velvet drapes and various framed paintings designed to give the room an air of opulence.  And have you ever seen framed wallpaper panels in a dollhouse?  This proves that a room can never be too small for good design.

No comments: