Thursday, October 4, 2012

Shipshewana: Lemon Meringue Pie is a Show Stopper

I was on board the minute Barb mentioned Lemon Meringue pie.  Long before she started describing the 12-inch high meringue peaks and the gorgeous lemon filling.  I love lemons and I was ready for something sweet.

Would you believe me if I told you that I ate half of my "to go" piece before we got back to the car?  You see earlier in the day we had a nice homemade lunch at the Blue Gate Restaurant, and Barb showed us their famous lemon meringue pie in the bakery case next door on our way out.  I was a goner.

After a full day of wandering in and out of the shops in Shipshewana, we  did eventually stop back at the Blue Gate Bakery for a slice.  And Barb bought a whole pie to take back to her family - it is magnificent in person.  

No comments: