Monday, October 1, 2012

Shipshewana: Quilt Country

I knew that I was in the right place when I saw a wooden quilt, displayed as art, on a barn.  Isn't it fantastic?  I was in Amish country in northern Indiana with my friends last weekend and was on the hunt for fabric.  I was also looking forward to seeing some hand-crafted Amish quilts.

In my pre-trip prep, my mom told me that she had an Amish quilt! Who knew?  When she described it, I knew exactly which one she was talking about (she had been to Shipshewana with my Dad about 20 years ago) and I look forward to getting back up to the cottage soon to take a closer look at it. 

We had to fit all things Amish into one day (stores are closed on Sunday) and although I didn't get to a quilt shop, I did get to look at some wonderful fabric stores.  I bought 2 companion patterns of cotton quilting fabric at A Little Bit of Lolly's, both are by Lakehouse and have French pastries on a dreamy vintage pink background.  
This is a close up of the fabric scraps for sale at Lolly's. I thought that this would make a great puzzle!

No comments: