Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Shipshewana: Native American Feather Lollipops

Sometimes my blog posts just fall into my lap.  I mean really, as a candy lover, could I make up anything more interesting to show you?  Not a chance.
I was in Aunt Millie's Candy Shop in the Davis Mercantile (same building as the Lolly's Fabrics) in Shipshewana when I saw him.  A beautiful statue of a Native American man wearing a full headdress of feather lollipops.  It was as beautiful as it was unexpected.  I was so taken with the overall effect of the display that I didn't buy a handful of feathers.  

What was I thinking?  They would look so beautiful grouped on a Thanksgiving buffet. Or as a treat for kids who didn't want pumpkin pie?  I did include a link (click "feather lollipops" above) where you can buy an entire box of them online.  Are you thinking what I'm thinking?  If you want to split a box, let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have that same statue at my house. I just need the lollipops. And it is for sale. If you’re interested, let me know.