Monday, October 15, 2012

The Last of the Garden

*Sigh* This may be the last bouquet of the season.  Isn't is gorgeous?  We have had a few frosty mornings and I went out to save the last few buds before the cold sets in.

For this bouquet, I took one of my hand painted glass jars (green polka dots!) and centered one reddish green hydrangea blossom and leaf over the opening.  This way I can use the hydrangea as a "frog" (a flower arranging tool that stabilizes an arrangement), and tuck the yellow and peach roses through the hydrangea petals and into the water.  It makes an arrangement of very few flowers look full and lush, don't you agree?  And the roses aren't going to slip or droop.  I added a sprig of ginger mint (green and cream variegated leaf) near the top for added dimension.

I love it!  And I'm not ready to give up on the roses, I still see buds coming!  If only Jack Frost can hold off a little longer...  

No comments: