Monday, April 14, 2014

Seattle: Seafood Dinner at Chinook's at Salmon Bay

You can imagine how happy I was to sit down to fresh seafood at a great local place. Chinook's at Salmon Bay is part of the family of Anthony's Restaurants and I have come across recommendations for many of their restaurants as I read up on Seattle.  When I looked up Chinook's online to provide a link, I wasn't surprised to see that it was part of this beloved group of restaurants in the Pacific Northwest.  The food was delicious.

I wisely chose the tempura seafood platter (Alaska true cod, calamari, salmon and prawns with onion rings and zucchini slices) so that I could try a little of everything.  I had never heard of cooking salmon in tempura and it is a bit like "fish and chips" in that you can dip your fish in the sauce of your choice. I dipped my salmon in the teriyaki sauce and it has been on my mind ever since.  I loved it.  The cod was delicious dipped in their homemade tartar sauce and the shrimp was, of course, perfect in the cocktail sauce.  How soon can I go back and eat another plate of fried food?  The first chance I get!
Chinook's at Salmon Bay is located in Seattle's Fisherman's Terminal, which, by location alone, puts the fresh in fish.  The large glass windows of the restaurant overlook the marina and it is the perfect setting to enjoy a lively casual meal.
I was encouraged to order the clam chowder and I am so glad that I did.  It was perfect - plenty of clams, tender potato cubes and a delicious soup base. I didn't leave a drop.

No comments: