Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Seattle: Montalcino Ristorante in Issaquah: Heavenly Halibut

My dinner at Montalcino Ristorante in Issaquah, Washington was the best meal I have had in a long long time. Heavenly Halibut, if there is such a thing.

The Montalcino, a darling Italian restaurant tucked on a side street in Issaquah, is a gem not to be missed.  A new friend tipped me off to this lovely restaurant and suggested that I book a table for a romantic dinner for two.  I am so glad I did!

From the reservation link on their website, I was happy to see that they use Open Table, an online restaurant reservation system that I love to use when I travel.  What I like is that my name, cell phone etc. is already in my Open Table profile, so when I log in and make a reservation, all the confirmation work is done for me.  Bravo. 

Okay, back to the dinner.  We were seated at a table for two in the window, and the two dinner specials sounded so good, we ordered them both.  Dan had a lamb dish (roasted with tomatoes and love) that he devoured and I had halibut with lemon risotto and spring vegetables.  I.Loved.It.  The fish was light and delicious. The risotto was flavorful and creamy, and the vegetables (carrots, roasted squash and broccolini) were perfectly cooked. It felt like it should have been our anniversary dinner. 

The meal was definitely expensive, but we really enjoyed the ambiance, service and of course, the meal.  We looked at each other over the candlelight and agreed that we will go back as soon as possible.  

No comments: