Wednesday, July 17, 2013

At The Cottage wooden stamp

I am a modern girl (email, Facebook, Twitter) that still runs to the mailbox each day in hopes of receiving a letter.  I know that I am not alone.   
I also have a weakness for stationary, cute return address labels and stickers. My stash of writing materials could practically count as a collection.  Notecards with tea cups for my Victoria-loving friends.  Notecards with Nancy Drew book covers for the readers in my life.  Barefoot Contessa recipe/note cards for the foodies.  If you're a girl, I've got you covered.

When I was browsing the wooden stamps section at the craft store (just for fun, I don't normally use stamps), I saw this "Sailboat Bay" stamp by Stampendous. I instantly knew that I wanted to stamp all of my outgoing mail this summer.  I like to think of my friends having a moment of delight when they find actual mail in their mail box.

What would say I'm "at the cottage" more than a stamp that looks a lot like Leland harbor.  Isn't that a fun idea?  I have been stamping everything in sight and I think it looks really cute.

The next time you write a note to your friend or send a birthday card, consider jazzing the envelope up with a stamp.  It's a light-hearted way to say its from you.  

No comments: