Saturday, July 9, 2011

Borner Vegetable Shredder

"Eat your vegetables."  I am finding this directive even easier now that I have a German vegetable shredder.

I absolutely love my Borner Roko Vegetable Shredder or "Thin Julienne Cutter".  After a lifetime of soggy zucchini discs cooked in water, this little kitchen tool has breathed new life into a classic garden staple. 

After grating the zucchini up and down the special blades (with an easy swish-swish), you will have a gorgeous pile of shredded zucchini.  The amount shown in the bowl is from one normal-size zucchini.  I ended up shredding three zucchini and sauteed them with a little butter and salt and it was out of this world.  What a side dish!

I think that I am overly happy about this discovery because we have 6 very healthy zucchini plants in our garden this year and I can see the writing on the wall.  I am going to be cooking a lot of zucchini this Summer and there is only so much Zucchini Bread I can bake and give away.  But with this little tool, I am ready!

(Please note that if you are shopping for this item, you will also need to get the Food Safety Holder, which is sold separately.)

No comments: