Friday, July 29, 2011

Glittering Hydrangeas

Use your imagination and picture these dried hydrangeas dusted with pewter glitter.  Gorgeous, right? 

My dining room is pretty quiet in September and October and I'd like to make a substantial flower arrangement that will look nice as a centerpiece for a few weeks.  Something that will make the room looked "finished" if people glance in.  You know what I mean?

I am going to play up the mauve, gray and celery shades of these spent blooms with some glitter.  I haven't tried it before, but I imagine that it won't take much more than a well-ventilated area (read: my backyard), a spray can of glue and a shaker of fine Martha Stewart glitter.

I cut these fading blooms off the hydrangea bushes (I hope they will re-bloom!) and have been drying these blossoms in the sun and breeze and think that they will be completely dry within the week.  Once I work my magic, I will show you the result.  Have you ever glittered something you found in Mother Nature?  

No comments: