Monday, July 11, 2011

City Series: Birmingham, AL, Beer Selection

Isn't this a cute way for a restaurant to show its beer selection?  This quick and quirky post starts off my "City Series" on Birmingham, Alabama. 

I was so happy when I realized that I could extend my trip in Atlanta long enough to tack on a weekend trip to Birmingham to see my friends, Melanie and Jon.  We spent a glorious weekend seeing some sights, making a traditional recipe and meeting their friends.  It was fantastic - I'll tell you all about it this week.

But for now, take a moment to admire the creativity of iCantina's beer list.  I had a delicious lunch of spicy shrimp quesadillas (shown above) and loved every bit of the restaurant's kooky interior (wax-covered drip bottle candles, Day of the Dead murals and more).  If you find yourself at Pepper Place Farmer's Market on a steamy Saturday, duck into iCantina for a cool and satisfying lunch.

No comments: