Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Walk in the Woods

I was looking in the woods at our cottage for an inconspicuous place to take a few patches of moss.  My plan is to transport the patch in a plastic bag with some damp paper towel to my house downstate.  I really want to transplant it onto a wire watering can planter that I have.  I'm sure that I can keep it alive and let it grow on the watering can frame outdoors.

Anyhoo, it was my search for moss that made me appreciate a walk in the woods.  My mind wandered.  I started looking for signs of the fox brothers.  It was quiet and lush and green and I could finally hear myself think.  So what did I do?  I went back to the house and got my camera.  I thought that you might need a walk in the woods too.

As for moss collection, it is still on my "to do" list. 

No comments: