Thursday, July 28, 2011

Homemade Fudgesicles in Empire

How do chocoholics cool off?  With a gourmet fudgesicle, of course!  With the Midwest reaching record temperatures over the last few weeks, I can only assume that fudgesicle consumption is "up" at Grocer's Daughter Chocolates in Empire, Michigan.

I was exploring Leelanau County last week, when the craving hit.  Chocolate.  I wanted chocolate.  Grocer's Daughter is always my first thought when I am in this neck of the woods and in the Summertime they make gourmet fudgesicles.

My choice (shown above) was a frozen concoction of dark chocolate mixed with coconut milk and a swirl of blueberry lavender jam.   Yum!  Although most would agree that "the more chocolate the better," this ice cube-size treat is so rich and delicious it is really all you need.

Thank you, Grocer's Daughter, for this delicious blog-worthy treat!

No comments: