Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Easter Cake Pans

I'm packing for Florida.  Yes, this is the right photograph.  You see, I have had a few requests for my special Easter desserts and once again I am flying cake pans to Florida!

This year I am bringing the 3-D lamb cake pan and the cupcake-size little lambs pan.  The trick to a successful molded cake is using a pound cake recipe or mix. The dense, egg-y cake is far sturdier than traditional cake and will allow the details of the pan to show up in the final product.

Can you believe how many Easter pans I have?  It's practically a collection! My mom is the culprit - she can't resist cute baked goods (who can?) and has supplied me with these darling options over the years.  

I've often thought that there should be a "cake database," where women can register which pans they own and their friends can see who has what and borrow from each other.  Am I the only one who thinks that would be fun?   

No comments: