Monday, March 18, 2013

Tea at The Townsend

It doesn't take long for me to say "yes," after someone says "afternoon tea."  Whatever the parameters, I learned long ago that hot tea, lemon curd and scones always make me happy.

The Junior League of Birmingham held a social fundraiser at The Townsend Hotel last week and I was lucky to be in town and able to attend with my friend, Starr.    

We sat at this lovely area by the fire - chatting with friends and admiring the floral bouquet arranged in a silver tea caddy.  The cranberry scones had a light sugar-crust, and were served with bowls of whipped cream and homemade lemon curd.  It was the stuff dreams are made of.  The wait staff passed phyllo spinach triangles and cucumber sandwiches and offered each guest a glass of champagne punch to start the event off right.  It worked.  Although more crowded than expected, the guests all seemed happy to be at a tea party on a blah March afternoon. 
The program included a glimpse at Spring trends in clothes, shoes and make up from a style team at Nordstrom.  They did a great job and we were all longing for a brand new wardrobe and bright coral lipstick by the end of the presentation.  You can click the link to view Nordstrom's "Spring Style File" online.  

I had a wonderful time.  Tea and friends in a beautiful setting.  Plus I carried a navy cigar box purse and got girls talking about fashionable accessories, which always makes me happy.  Spring is almost here!  

No comments: