Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Purse Protectors

As someone that makes cigar box purses, I naturally carry and travel with cigar box purses.  I have always managed to cushion them well enough between clothes in the suitcase, but it never felt right.  

So I took a day out of my schedule to take the time to make the things I need.  I decided on a simple open sleeve with padding and I made four pouches of varying shapes.  

I ironed fusible fleece to the wrong side of this fabulous flannel fabric printed with mixed drinks.  I couldn't resist the tongue-in-cheek idea of cigars and drinks paired together.  Yes, I amuse myself all the time with things like this.

The inside of the pouches is also lined with the drink fabric and on a few of the sleeves I sandwiched bubble wrap in between the fabric.  Genius, right?  These pouches provide all the protection I could ask for and they are super cute to boot.  The best part is that they work just as well protecting my purses in the closet at home.

Gate A43 is now boarding!

No comments: