Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ariel View: Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes

Birds Eye View, indeed!  I realized on my return flight that I shouldn't have my pocket camera on during take-off.  I didn't realize that anything with a battery had to be turned completely off.  Well this was before I knew better and was a Delta flight from Traverse City to Minneapolis.
Look at the view!  This can only be part of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.  I'm sure you remember me writing about this famous national park when it won "America's Most Beautiful Place" in a Good Morning America contest. The beautiful white areas on the shoreline are giant sand dunes (some over 400 feet high) that jut down straight into Lake Michigan.
I love the view from the top of the dunes (above), but seeing it from the air is spectacular too! I just had to show you. 

No comments: